JOY Corselet & Shortlet
Revel in comfort; emerge in radiance. The corselet has a youthful, lively cut with ascending lines, blossoming forth and full of endless potential. The hipster shorts, which also feature charming ribbon detail, are blissfully cool and wonderfully comfortable. Flowering goldenrod has been used to dye, the jewel of North American dyers, with infusion a delightful blend of root, leaf and flowering herbs. Made by hand from certified sustainable Lenzing TENCEL® (eucalyptus) fabric with 8% Spandex for its luxurious drape. Connect with JOY!
- close-fitting top with low neckline and ribbon lace-up detail
- low-rise shorts have matching ribbon detail
- made by hand from certified sustainable Lenzing TENCEL® (eucalyptus) fabric with 8% Spandex
- small-batch dyed with goldenrod flowers and infused with marigold, lemon balm and ginger for their ability to lift the spirit
- 125 mL Re-Infusing Spray and 100 mL Whipped Soap included
- This style also available in chartreuse (ZEST).
Please note that products are hand-dyed with plants and the tone may vary slightly based on the batch and over time. Hand wash using Re-infusing Whipped Soap (included) for best results. Re-infuse anytime!
Goldenrod is North America's equivalent to weld, the oldest and surest yellow dye of Europe. It blooms for a long time where I live and dries well. This year the yellow gave a very strong colour, sometimes too strong for my liking. I simmer the fresh flowers slowly and use an alum mordant. The colour is even and has good light-fastness.
(click each image to learn more)
The herbs in this infusion have been selected for their potential to raise the spirits and blended for their aroma. It is suggested that when wearing this article of clothing, the aroma will reach your mind and have the desired effect.
Click here for the Body-targeted partner piece.
Read more about the ancient Indian art of infusing clothing with herbal remedies (ayurvastra) here.