SANCTUARY Bodice and Brief Set
This garment is for those who seek sanctuary from harmful outer layers. A loose fitting, delicate and easy cover for your skin, this bodice and brief set is dyed in madder root and rhubarb leaves, and infused with echinacea, rosemary and bay for their shielding abilities. Wear this under any garment, leaving the lace to show or not, harbouring warmth in winter and wicking moisture in summer. Handmade from certified sustainable eucalyptus fabric, small lot dyed and individually infused. Reserved only for you.
- lace provides the intricate detail in the bodice yoke and back as well as the mid hip band and edging on the short
- made by hand from certified sustainable Lenzing TENCEL® (eucalyptus) fabric with 8% Spandex
- small-batch dyed with madder root and rhubarb leaves
- infused with rosemary, sage and bay leaves for their antibacterial and immune boosting capabilities
- 125 mL Re-Infusing Spray and 100 mL Whipped Soap included
Please note that products are hand-dyed with plants and the tone may vary slightly based on the batch and over time. Hand wash using Re-infusing Whipped Soap (included) for best results. Re-infuse anytime!
Madder root is one of Europe's oldest dyes, with a long history in Turkish rug making. It grows here in North America, and I have started some in my garden. In 3 years, the roots will be large enough to harvest for this dye. I use rhubarb root as a mordant to give the fabric tannin before the madder is introduced. This helps give the colour a more peach hue, and also helps keep the colour in the fabric.
(click to learn more)
Read more about the ancient Indian art of infusing clothing with herbal remedies (ayurvastra) here.