ZEST Corselet and Shortlet Set
Go confidently, go with every fibre of your being! This certified sustainable TENCEL® (eucalyptus) corselet and shortlet set will give you the kick you need, with its spunky goldenrod and woad full-of-vitality colour, dynamic lines, and invigorating herbs. The edgy hug-your-body top is matched in moxie by the hipster shorts. Meet the day’s challenges with a courageous sparkle. Show up with ZEST!
- close-fitting top with low neckline and ribbon lace-up detail
- low-rise shorts have matching ribbon detail
- made by hand from certified sustainable Lenzing TENCEL® (eucalyptus) fabric with 8% Spandex
- small-batch dyed with woad leaves and goldenrod flowers
- infused with peppermint, eucalyptus and hyssop for their energizing qualities
- 125 mL Re-Infusing Spray and 100 mL Whipped Soap included
- This style also available in yellow (JOY).
Please note that products are hand-dyed with plants and the tone may vary slightly based on the batch and over time. Hand wash using Re-infusing Whipped Soap (included) for best results. Re-infuse anytime!
Goldenrod is North America's equivalent to weld, the oldest and surest yellow dye of Europe. It blooms for a long time where I live and dries well. This year the yellow gave a very strong colour, sometimes too strong for my liking. I simmer the fresh flowers slowly and use an alum mordant. The colour is even and has good light-fastness.
This was the original European blue dye plant before the silk road and indigo from India. At that time, the woad guilds banned indigo because it was taking away business with its stronger blue pigment.
My woad vat has many of the same qualities as my indigo vat and the colour is produced the same way.
(click each image to learn more)
Read about the ancient Indian art of infusing clothing with herbal remedies (ayurvastra) here.