TRUTH Nightie & Pantie Set
An integral part of a woman’s wardrobe, this refined nightie and pantie set in traditional European woad blue genuine eucalyptus fabric shows your awareness of and bias toward the “naked truth” of sustainability. Clarifying herbs make up the infusion for this beautiful A-line calf-length garment with lace detail. The hip hugging undies are breathable and real (a sage choice for daytime too!).
- itted bodice with 1” wide lace straps open to flowing knee-length skirt, cut on the bias
- panties also have lace detail, with double front panel and crotch
- made by hand from certified sustainable Lenzing TENCEL® (eucalyptus) fabric with 8% Spandex
- small-batch dyed with home grown woad leaves
- infused with fennel, chamomile and sage for their benefits to the respiratory tract
- 125 mL Re-Infusing Spray and 100 mL Whipped Soap included
- This style also available in pink (TENDERNESS) and white (TRUST).
Please note that products are hand-dyed with plants and the tone may vary slightly based on the batch, and over time. Hand wash using Re-infusing Whipped Soap (included) for best results. Re-infuse anytime!
I first came across woad while travelling through Germany. I wanted to visit somewhere where I could learn more about dyeing, and my research turned up the fact that I was in the neighbouring village to where this plant originally had its commercial birthplace. I was thrilled to find it everywhere, and bought some seeds, one of which eventually turned into a plant here at home. This was the original European blue dye plant before the silk road and indigo from India. At that time, the woad guilds banned indigo because it was taking away business with its stronger blue pigment. My woad vat has many of the same qualities as my indigo vat and the colour is produced the same way.
(click each drawing to learn more)
Read more about the ancient Indian art of infusing clothing with herbal remedies (ayurvastra) here.