TENDERNESS Nightie & Pantie Set
For your gradual and easy entry into day, some gentle compassion and charity for yourself. A nightie and pantie set in the most soft and gentle eucalyptus fabric, cut on the bias to flow freely from the fitted bodice. Dyed with madder root and infused with rose, yarrow and jasmine petals for skin pampering. Undies have double Tencel® fabric in vulnerable areas with lace detail. Lace also adorns nightie straps, neckline and hip area. A touch of humanity.
- fitted bodice with lace straps open to flowing knee-length skirt, cut on the bias
- panties also have lace detail, with double front panel and crotch
- made by hand from certified sustainable Lenzing TENCEL® (eucalyptus) fabric with 8% Spandex
- small-batch dyed with home-grown madder root
- infused with skin pampering herbs
- 125 mL Re-Infusing Spray and 100 mL Whipped Soap included
- This style also available in light blue (TRUTH) and white (TRUST).
Please note that products are hand-dyed with plants and the tone may vary slightly based on the batch, and over time. Hand wash using Re-infusing Whipped Soap (included) for best results. Re-infuse anytime!
Madder root is one of Europe's oldest dyes, with a long history in Turkish rug making. It grows here in North America, and I have started some in my garden. In 3 years, the roots will be large enough to harvest for this dye. I use rhubarb root as a mordant to give the fabric tannin before the madder is introduced. This helps give the colour a more peach hue, and also helps keep the colour in the fabric.
(click to learn more)
Read more about the ancient Indian art of infusing clothing with herbal remedies (ayurvastra) here.